Please carefully read our shipping and returns policy, below.
1. Once we have accepted your order and been notified of receipt of payment, we will arrange for the delivery thereof to your shipping address through our shipping agent. You will be notified by email once your order has been dispatched. Every effort is made to ensure delivery of orders within 3-5 working days of confirmation of payment on orders placed via our website. Bulk orders or orders over 10 items require a 10 – 14 working day turn around time.
2. You will not be able to change your shipping address once an order has been placed. It is thus your responsibility to ensure that the shipping address you give us is accurate.
3. We offer free delivery to main centres within South Africa. Orders outside of major centres will be charged quoted and charged a courier fee on a case by case basis. If you are unsure if you qualify for free shipping, please drop us an email.
4. Ownership in the goods you order will pass to you once they are dispatched. Risk will pass to you once you or a third party acting on your behalf, as the case may be, take(s) delivery of the order by signing for receipt of the goods from our courier. Once risk has passed to you, goods will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their subsequent loss or destruction.
1. You have the right to return any returnable item to us within 7 (seven) days from the date on which you received your order (as reported by our delivery partner) subject to the terms and conditions set out in this clause.
2. Items that have been marked down and/or on sale, are not eligible for a refund/exchange.
3. Should you wish to return an item(s), you must first submit a return request in the manner set out hereunder:
3.1 Following receipt of your order, you must notify us within 24 (twenty-four) hours of receipt by.
3.2 Contacting us via “Contact Us” on our website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the order number, the name of the item(s) you wish to return, and your reason for wanting to return same.
4. In the event that your request is authorized, we will contact you to arrange collection.
5. Once we have received your returned item(s) and provided we receive same in its original and complete packaging (including any boxes, protective packaging and/or documentation) in the condition it was in when delivered to you and within a reasonable time, we shall refund you the amount you paid for the item(s) excluding the initial outbound shipping cost, unless you reasonably allege and we are satisfied that you received the item in a faulty condition, in which case your refund shall include the initial outbound shipping costs. Please note that all of our items undergo strict quality control checks before being dispatched to you. Faulty items will only be accepted by us if the items were delivered to the customer damaged.
6. We shall refund you by crediting the payment card you used for your purchase with the applicable amount as soon as possible but within 30 (thirty) business days of the date on which your order was placed.
7. Regardless of whether your return request has been authorised, we will not refund you for a returned item where in our reasonable opinion the item(s) has, following the sale to you, been worn or become of an unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, use in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care.
MERMAIDS & UNICORNS provides shipping to the UK & EU Countries at a flat rate of 10 pounds.
This covers transportation charges only.
We expect orders to arrive between 5 and 15 business days, depending on delivery location. Parcels are occasionally stopped in customs, which can create delays. Customs delays, taxes and duties may apply in different countries, for which MERMAIDS & UNICORNS cannot take responsibility. It is up to the customer to be aware of any taxes or duties they may be liable for upon delivery of their order. MERMAIDS & UNICORNS is unable to advise on, or have any control over customs charges.
Please be advised that once an order has been booked and packed, it is not possible to redirect or cancel shipments.
Should you have any questions regarding our shipping and returns policy, please contact us.